Thursday, October 19, 2017

the cheerleader

i'm really tired of being a cheerleader, i want to be cheered for.
i'm tired of sitting in the sidelines, i want to be on the field.
i'm tired of being the wet shoulder, i can't even remember the last time i cried.

i'm tired of doing the right thing all the time when all i see is complete disregard for anyone apart from themselves.
i'm tired of saying no, because i have to care for the children, because my husband is away for work, because i don't have my mother in the same country, because i want to watch my children grow up and hold them in my arms till they get too big for them.
i'm tired of being the bigger person, the nicer person, the person keeping my mouth shut.

i want to scream, yell, throw plates against a brick wall and write letters emails, many many emails to all that have caused me grief.
i want to tell you that you are incredibly selfish
i want to tell you that you really hurt me
i want to tell you that you hurt people too
i want to tell you that if it happens so many times, look in the mirror

look inside
no, really, take a look
tell me, what do you see?
insecurity?

people say i'm lucky
people say that i have it all
people wish they have my life
do you really?

would you give up all of your friday nights?
would you stay up every night for 7 years making sure there is dinner on the table?
would you, could you love someone more than you love yourself?

i've had to compromise too
i now sit in the sidelines
i now cheer for those on the field
i do so with a bitter taste in my mouth

jealousy is a bad feeling
it slowly eats away at your insides
till you're nothing

but no, i need to be the bigger person
i need to grow up
i need to be the grown up
i am the grown up

i have grown up
and i feel like i have done absolutely nothing
and it's killing me

i'm really tired of being a cheerleader, i want to be cheered for.
i'm tired of sitting in the sidelines, i want to be on the field.
i'm tired of being the wet shoulder, i can't even remember the last time i cried.

5 comments:

  1. You are heard and seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, and we continue to cheer you on!
    You continue to inspire!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iron lady, sending you so much love from miles miles away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of hugs thousands of miles away! I feel you my love, but I'll keep on cheering for you...always... we all will for you. 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sitting by the computer, wondering about my friend and I come across this, absolutely, beautiful piece by her - pouring her heart and soul out. First, let me say THANK YOU for being my cheerleader - there are few and far between, Secondly, I am your cheerleader, I always have been and I always will be. Thirdly, I am your shoulder like you have been mine. Lastly but not least - let it go and it will come. Always your friend. x

    ReplyDelete