Wednesday, October 4, 2017

swallow

swallow your tongue they say. don’t offend him. be the bigger person. no one needs to know.

bite your tongue they say. don’t be petty. take the high road. no one needs to know.

watch your mouth they say. is that a threat? what if I don’t? will you slap me in the face? 

lower your voice they say. don’t yell. the children are sleeping. they shouldn’t hear this.

don’t cry. smile. they can’t know your hurting. smile. everything is great. no one needs to know.

ignore them they say. look past them. look through them. 

the less you say the better, they say. people don’t need to hear about your problems. it’s not always about you.



So tell me this. where does all the hurt go? where do I stuff the pain? how many times do I pave my broken heart before the entire thing just gives in?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hi there, i'm ok. it's been a rough two weeks. thank you for asking.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for replying. Glad you're ok. Be kind to yourself. I hope things look up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, hope you are really okay! stay strong lady, you've got this ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of love and hoping whatever problems you face will be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! Sending you love and light ��

    ReplyDelete